Mix Up Your Messages
Make It An Easy Read ... Guests Will Return
Once your heavy lifting website optimizing is complete – local citations/links, your business profile perfection and loaded Google Places, etc. – regular blog posts become very worthwhile. First build your website then take the following steps to make the whole effort worthwhile.
Blogging Builds SEO Muscle:
- Gives your website a unique link profile!
- Timely and compelling content draws in Google’s algorithms
- Talking to like-minded guests who interact or inquire about something … each time they do, boosts your Google ranking one notch up.
- Ranks you in Blog Search
- Ranks you in regular keyword searches
- Ranks you in Local (Maps) search results
- Engages other bloggers
- If you’re an expert in your field, you can “crow” and get noticed
- Blogs feed content to Twitter, Facebook and Google+ as well as other social media sites
Points When Creating A Local SEO/Social Media Blog:
- WordPress already has a lot of search engine optimization basics baked-in
- Avoid themes that you can’t customize
- Integrate your blog as part of your existing site
- Avoid menu navigation systems that don’t use SEO-friendly links
- Incorporate by-lined posts and articles and author tags
- Use blog posts to reinforce your website SEO key words
- Include tag pages and related post links
- Post frequently!
- Keep it pithy and DON’T BE BORING
- Join a blogosphere – contribute to another blog with a crosslink
- Get organized; create a content calendar
- Keep posts brief! We’re all too busy to read talkie stuff. If you have a point, make it and keep it informative and interesting. Then shut up!
It’s not a book so your blogs should be several informative paragraphs. Mix up your messages – write something about as long as this article … believe it or not, if you make it an easy read and instructive – they’ll return.
If you’re serious about getting found on the Internet, you just gotta TAKE THE ABOVE steps. Call HQZ if you want help setting up a Blog on your website or Facebook - we can help you get started right now, and even do the writing too.
HQZ Experts assists clients in designing and writing effective blogs.